Fall Meeting: Celebrating a big win and those who made it possible
Please join us for our fall meeting, an informative and engaging event for high-speed rail enthusiasts, urban planners, architects, real estate professionals, students, travelers and civic-minded individuals.
This year we're celebrating a big win: legislation that will fund new Amtrak routes, transit upgrades, and more. This includes:
- New routes from Chicago to Rockford and the Quad Cities
- Track upgrades for trains between Chicago and Carbondale
- Upgrades to many Amtrak and Metra routes thanks to CREATE projects
We're recognizing the efforts of three key elected officials by presenting them with our 2019 Fast Train Champion Award:
- Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker (Deputy Governor Christian Mitchell accepting)
- Illinois Senator Martin Sandoval (attendance confirmed)
- Illinois Representative Jay Hoffman (attendance confirmed)
We've invited elected officials, transportation planners, railroad officials and other leaders to give you an inside perspective on what this new funding will do to bring more fast, frequent and reliable trains to the Midwest. Illinois Senator Steve Stadelman will talk to us about the fight to bring service to Rockford and why that victory is so important. We'll share more speakers as we confirm them.
It's going to be an exciting event and we can't wait to see you there.
Tickets are $50, or $20 for students. Lunch is included.
Register now to secure your seat!